It’s finally here. My 35th birthday. Another year older, another year wiser, all that crap. Unfortunately it seems to have brought with it the Midlife Crisis. Which isn’t all that bad, many people would be stoked to live to 70! I’m trying to look for the silver lining people!!
So in honour of my 35th year of life, I’m going to give you 35 facts about me. Oh joy for you!!
1. I’m 35 years old (omg that’s the first time I’ve said that!)
2. I am Aussie born and raised.
3. I lived in the US for 11 years.
4. And met my husband there.
5. We got married in Florida 18 months before we moved to Australia.
6. I have one awesome 5 year old son. I always thought I’d have more than that, but some things aren’t meant to be.
7. I also have 2 sisters, 1 sister-in-law, 5 brother-in-laws, 3 nieces and a nephew.
7. I’ve always played either tennis or golf, and for a while I did both (not at the same time).
8. I have fake hair – I bought clip in hair extensions in my midlife crisis!
9. Which I still maintain is cheaper than buying a midlife crisis Ferrari.
10. Instead of a Ferrari, I drive a Mitsubishi Lancer – it has a spoiler so it goes faster (tho still not faster than a Ferrari).
11. I have been in a helicopter (also not faster than a Ferrari).
12. I’m an iTragic…iPhone, iPad, iMac, had an iPod but it was iStolen.
13. I love to sing. But I do my best signing at karaoke bars at 2 am after a few (too many) drinks.
14. The coolest places I’ve been include the Roman Coliseum … and Shipshewana, Indiana, which is home to lots of Amish folk.
15. I’m declaring 2013 The Year of Concerts – Keith Urban, Guy Sebastian, Pink, Bon Jovi with Kid Rock and I’m trying to convince hubby we need to see Olly Murs.
16. My all time favourite athlete is Roger Federer. I’m hoping to get to see him at the 2014 Brisbane International. My current life goal is to see him live before he retires. Fingers xxxxx’d.
17. I am addicted to candy crush saga. Just ask my husband. I’m up to level 290. If I can make it to 300 I’m quitting the game for good. You heard it here first people! I can stop whenever I want to!!!
18. I traded my son’s train table and train tracks for a 1L bottle of Bacardi.
19. I can just about quote the whole movie The Sound of Music.
20. My mum took me shopping for my birthday and the store I found the most I liked in was KMart (not a sponsored list item).
21. Hubby, friends and I went to a house warming party for friends once…only we went to the wrong house,who also happened to be having a party. We were there 30 minutes before we realised. We left the watermelon fruit dish we had brought and high-tailed it out of there. So funny I almost wet my pants. Maybe you had to be there.
22. I asked hubby to help with this list. He said, “Put down that you snore. And steal the covers.” And he thinks he’s getting lucky??
23. On a serious note, I’m really worried about what the world will be like when my son graduates high school. I don’t even want to think about it.
24. I’d rather think about saving our asses off for the next 12 months and taking him to Disney World. Or Land. Which would be less flying!
25. Which would be really great, because I hate flying. I mean full-blown panic attack even with 2 Valium in me. This shit is real man.
26. I’d like to know why we have 2 Brits judging Australia’s Got Talent?!*
27. I almost broke up with my husband when I first met him because he didn’t know who Van Morrison or James Taylor were.
28. I’ve now been going to group personal training for over 14 months, during which time I’ve lost 12 kgs and 2 dress sizes.
29. I still see my high school friends regularly. I don’t think many people can say that almost 20 years after graduating.
30. I once drove a (2-door) Porsche that had 6 people in it. I was the only sober one, and the only one with a seat to myself.
31. I want a gaggle of minions. Despicable Me style*.
32. I love taking pictures but I don’t get to do it nearly enough. Check out my photography here.
33. I am cold blooded. My feet are always freezing! In winter they are like ice blocks.
34. I feel and look better at 35 than I did at 25, all thanks to my personal training. I hope at 45 I can say the same about 35.
35. I thought I’d never make it to the end of this list, but there’s so much more I haven’t told you!
* This list has been influenced by things I’ve seen on tv while writing it
Linking up for IBOT (I Blog On Tuesdays!) as always, with Essentially Jess!