Tuesday and Wednesday are my days off. Wednesday I play tennis, so Tuesday is my “me” day. My one full day off – off work, Nick is at school, no commitments.
There are a few things I’ve come to know about these days off, so I thought I’d share.
I know that:
- they go quicker than any other day!
- there is a long list of things I “should” do (hang and fold laundry, clean toilets/bathrooms, mop floors, vacuum bedrooms, wash sheets & towels)
- I can’t spend every Tuesday shopping (boo hoo!).
- as soon as I feel I’ve got something accomplished (and/or remember what I wanted to do) it is time for school pick up.
- I know that I am lucky to have a whole day – well, school hours – to do whatever I really want.
- I love being able to devote Tuesday mornings to some form of exercise followed by a coffee and fulfilling my IBOT duties
- I sometimes wish I didn’t play tennis on Wednesdays so I could have 2 whole days to myself (technically playing tennis is a day to myself too but every week is a bit suffocating).
- it’s nice being able to have dinner eaten and dishes done by 5:30 pm. If I have training or am working late dinner is often much later.
- I love being able to stay in bed and get up at my leisure!
Do you have days off? What have you noticed about those days?
Linking up with Rhianna who is babysitting Things I Know Friday for Miss Cinders while she takes a break.