I got a lovely surprise in my email the other afternoon, a Liebster award from Wendy at One Of My Own! For those who don’t know, the Liebster is “The award is given to support and recognize up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on their blog) or likers (on their Facebook page). The word “Liebster” apparently has German origins and is reported to mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” (stolen right from Wendy’s post!)
It couldn’t have come at a better time, as blogsperation has been sorely lacking, so this gives me something to write about, a chance to share something about myself with you all, and an opportunity to pass it along to some other much-deserving bloggers that I love! All you have to do is
- answer 11 questions set by your nominee
- write 11 additional facts about yourself
- write 11 new questions of your own
- pass the award onto 11 other bloggers to answer
So without further ado, here are the questions set by Wendy:
1. What is in the crisper drawer of your fridge right now?
Fruit in one – oranges and apples, veggies in the other – carrots, cauliflower and red onion
2. Best housework/cleaning tip
Hire a pro! (wishful thinking here!)
3. Last thing you took a photo of
My 5 month old nephew!
4. Favourite TV show when you were a kid?
Ooooh would have to be a toss up between Growing Pains, Charles in Charge, and Beverly Hills 90210!
5. Tea, coffee or hot chocolate?
I’ll take any as long as they’re hot, but not so hot they burn your tongue!
6. Last place you stayed overnight away from home
We went to a beach house up near Hervey Bay. You can read about it here
7. A person who has inspired you
My husband and his team were pretty inspiring a few weeks ago when they completed the Gold Coast Kokoda Challenge, 96km through the bush, in 26.5 hours! You can read about that here
8. Musical instrument. Do you play one?
Not any more, but I played the flute from grade 4 to grade 12. And no I never stuck it anywhere it shouldn’t go at “band camp”
9. What are you afraid of?
I’m afraid of flying, which really I think is more a case of being afraid of not being in control. There’s lots of counselling to be had there. I’m also not overly fond of snakes, sharks, or anything that has the potential to kill you with just a bite.
10. Your most useful kitchen appliance/gadget
I’d say wine opener but all my bottles these days are screw top. Does wine glass count as a gadget? If not, then I suppose the old spatular gets the biggest work out!
11. First concert you attended?
I recently blogged about this and I’m fairly certain, embarrassingly enough, that my first concert was Eric Carmen. I wish I could say it was someone cool, but alas I can’t. *sigh*
11 Facts About Myself.
Considering I just shared 35 things about me for my 35th birthday, this could be hard.
1. I love the beach. LOVE it. I wish I could live on it, but I can’t afford that kind of rent. So for now, I suffice with living 10 minutes drive from it.
2. I played golf, tennis and volleyball as a kid. I practically never hung out at the mall or the movies like “normal” teens.
3. I am constantly jealous of others, for one stupid reason or another.
4. My dad died aged 61 because he had a heart condition and didn’t look after himself properly.
5. I’m considering joining the next 12 Week Body Transformation program by Michelle Bridges.
6. I have a hard time doing “nothing.” We had a whole afternoon of no plans yesterday, so I went and played tennis.
7. I love shopping. I could shop every day if I had the budget.
8. I have a degree in journalism.
9. I love to entertain (as in have guests over – not get on stage!) but don’t have the space.
10. I can’t read the news because 9 times out of 10 it makes me cry. Especially if someone’s done something terrible to a child.
11. My 2 front teeth are fake. I knocked them out when I was 10, giving my sister a piggy back and I fell face first on pavers.
Here are my 11 Nominees for a Leibster:
1. Zita at It’s Time…
2. Robyn at Slightly More Depth Than A Teaspoon
3. Loz at Ninja Tales
4. Rita at The Crafty Expat
5. Kim at Falling Face First
6. Marian at The Hut Chronicles
7. Sophie at iSophie (has just over 200 likers on FB but am including her anyway!)
8. Lyndal at Family of Killers
9. “Me” at My Journey. 20-me.
10. Rhian at The Only Way Is Melbourne
Any my 11 questions, should any of them choose to accept…
1. Beach or mountains?
2. Favourite blog subject to write about?
3. If the world was ending in 12 days, what’s the first thing you’d do?
4. Where can people follow you? (FB address/twitter handle/instagram name. etc.)
5. What are you wearing?
6. Adult beverage of choice?
7. Favourite exercise activity?
8. Here’s a $100 visa card. What’s the first shop you go to?
9. Give me 3 words that describe you.
10. What’s one thing on your “bucket list”?
11. Are you a morning or a night person?
Big thanks to Wendy for brightening my day (and week!) with my Leibster award! I hope you’ll take the time to visit my nominees and check out their blogs.