Did you ever see that movie? With Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson? It’s about two elderly men who have cancer and decide they’re going to do everything they’ve ever wanted to do. I saw it ages ago, when it came out, and don’t particularly remember it being that great or that bad, but the idea behind it intrigued me. I am sure every person who ever saw that movie walked away from it thinking, “What would be on MY list?”
Two of my favourite Monday linkups are both talking bucket lists today (are you girls in cahoots?), but in slightly different ways. Kirst at My Home Truths is asking us to confess what is on our bucket list, while Deb at Home Life Simplified is asking what on our bucket list have we already accomplished? In the interest of killing two linkys with one blog, I’ll address both.
I often get caught up in the “I will never do or be anything” woe-is-me pity party. I think about the things I dream of doing – traveling, becoming a great (and busy) photographer, volunteering for worthy causes, teaching my child the wonders of the world, and I forget about the the amazing things I’ve already done.
* At 18 I left home, my family and friends, and moved to the other side of the world to go to university
* I spent a summer living in England
* I graduated from college and went on to work for two big junior golf programs
* I ended up running the second program for 3 years
* I’ve traveled to Europe, across much of the US, and to New Zealand
* I’ve adopted pets and volunteered for an animal shelter
* I’ve reared a (so-far) amazing kid
* I’ve studied and worked part time while also being a parent
Still to do on my list is
* live each day as it comes
* continue to put myself and my photography out there
* Get over my fear of flying once and for all
* Save enough money for a deposit on a house (even if we don’t buy a house with it!)
* Go back to Europe
* Do the 5 day Milford Sound trek with my husband
* Continue to challenge myself, stretch myself, and step outside my comfort zone
* Attend a blogging conference!