The Bucket List. Do you know what it is? Do you have one? Have you seen the movie? I do, I don’t, I have.
I’d like to make one, but I’m not sure where to start. I know it is supposed to be a list of things to do before you die, but should it be a realistic list? I mean, I could put “Climb Mt Kilimanjaro” on it, but let’s face it, I don’t really want to do that and I don’t really see it happening!
I’m going to assume it should be realistic, so here we go.
- Go to the Australian Open and/or US Open and/or Wimbledon. Not that fussed if I never get to the French Open. Sorry France.
- In saying that, I would like to go back to Paris and conquer the Eiffel Tower. We didn’t do it when we were there because there was a strike and 3 of the 4 entrances at the base were closed – 5 hour wait? No thanks.
- Learn to snowboard and ski. At the very least, take a great holiday to the snow and try it, even if all I do is spend the rest of the holiday building snowmen.
- Take singing lessons. This was on my “Things To Do Before I Turn 30” list but never happened. So was surfing and learning to play guitar. I did have a lesson in each of those, but never really learned to do them.
- Take ballroom dancing lessons. I can blame Dancing With The Stars for this one. My husband surprised me with a lesson for my birthday last year, we did it, it was fun, but we’ve never been back. Boo to that.
- Take a trip around Australia. I haven’t really thought this one out and don’t have a preferred method of doing this. But there’s so much to this amazing country, and I’ve barely seen any of it! Places I most want to see: Uluru, The Kimberleys, Perth, Tasmania, Melbourne, Great Ocean Road.
- Go on a cruise. I have never been, but have plenty of friends who have, and they’ve loved it. I’m not sure how I’d go with sea sickness, but I think it’s just one of those things you should do.
- Go horseback riding along the beach. I have a feeling it’s not as romantic and fun as it looks in pictures, but I’d like to find out!
Maybe I’ll leave this post here, and make it one I can come back to and update as things comes to me.