People always say, “If I knew then what I know now…” and wouldn’t it be nice if we’d had the foresight when we were younger to know what our future lessons and mistakes would be.
But for blog’s sake, if you could tell your 18 year old self 5 things that you know today, that you wish you knew then, what would they be? To clarify, you have to assume you still live the last x years the same way you did, but what little (or big) things along the way would have helped you today? Does that make sense? Here’s mine:
- Put all your bonuses from work in a separate account and don’t touch them
- Don’t sell your Honda civic
- Don’t stop paying into your Roth IRA account
- Spend less money on clothes and more money on weekends away
- Find a wedding site with a really nice indoor weather backup